Registration of marriages in Chennai

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1075 by murugan
Registration of marriages in Chennai

Direct Register marriage doubt : One of my colleague marriage is love marriage. She is basically from Kerala and she is temporally staying in Chennai and working in TCS. The groom is from Erode , Tamilnadu and presently he is working in Dubai. Same time Both the parents are not accepting their love and opposing very seriously for getting married. He is coming from Dubai for two week leave and they have decided to do Direct Register marriage any where in India except Erode because the groom parents are very influenced in Erode and will try to stop the Marriage. Same time after completing direct Register marriage formalities they wish to apply spouse visa for Dubai immediately. Since she is working in Chennai and they prefer to do Direct Register marriage in Chennai also. They visited the Pallavaram sub registrar for Direct Register marriage and we cannot able to get any information from registrar. But they said local address proof is mandatory to proceed further. Also they indicated that direct Register marriage process will take minimum one month to complete the registration process.So I want to get clarification about direct Register marriage procedure in Chennai,Tamilnadu, India.

Doing Direct Register marriage before customary ceremony is legally valid one or it will create any problem in future.?
Is there any simple way to do same day direct Register marriage without parents knowledge in Chennai or anywhere in India ?.
Any notice will be sent to parents?
The Direct Register marriage process will change state to state ? what is the procedure in Kerala?
In which state we can do direct Register marriage in one day process ? How long it will take to get marriage certificate?
They are doing this for only safety and visa purpose. thereafter they will convince the both parents and will have a grand marriage function.
so tell me the proper way to do direct Register marriage in Chennai or anywhere in India.
Also the same day direct Register marriage certificate is valid for visa process or not?
The following user(s) said Thank You: marriage attorney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.