90255 37111 registermarriage@gmail.com

register marriage in Bangalore

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #666 by
Replied by on topic register marriage in Bangalore
Thanks friends. I had registered my marriage successfully without help of others. My personal experience. It will be useful for other state people those who are living in Bangalore. They can understand How to get Marriage Certificate in Bangalore ?

Recently, when I was trying to do my Passport Renewal, got to know that it’s mandatory for adding spouse name in passport. On knowing this, I was initially hesitant about adding spouse details, but quickly learned that it could turn out as hiding information. Didn’t want to take risk and so my expedition of getting Marriage Certificate began.

I googled a lot about it but first few days couldn’t locate the exact Sub-Registrar Office for my local address. There were multiple options coming up for our aria. Finally I could get hold of Government Document from Google Search, which clearly mentioned the Sub-Registrar office for my exact location. After few lookups, I could find the address easily with one of my colleagues who was staying near the marriage registrar office.

I met the Sub-Registrar and found him to be a nice person. Almost every applicant who was visiting him had a lot of queries. There were details on the door and walls about the documents required. Still people were pounding on him with queries. He was trying his best to be professional and was guiding people well. Appreciate his work standards.

Required Documents:

* Copies of Bride and Bridge Groom in 2B Size.
Any decent photo studio person should be able to provide the copies in this specific 2B format.

* Wedding Card Original.

* Proof of Age: We submitted 10th standard memos.

* Photo Identity card of Bride and Bride Groom.
We submitted Voter IDs of Hyderabad. I also had additional proofs like PAN Card, Aadhar Card. This was not a problem.

* Address Proof of Bride and Bride Groom.
While it was mentioned that address proof was required for both, when inquired it was clarified that Address Proof of the Husband must be local and the wife’s can be any other location. But were asking for some address proof of wife also. I had Aadhar Card of my husband with Hyderabad address, so his case was not a problem. However local address proof on my name was a major issue for me. Read below for more details.

Address Proof Mess:

Most of my doubts got clarified on seeing the wall posters. My only worry was about the address proof. Our marriage was done in Hyderabad and we had shifted to Bangalore, post marriage. I didn’t have any address proof on my name which was acceptable: Rental Agreement, Electricity Bill on Landlord’s name (I was the tenant), Gas Connection on Father’s Name, Address Proof from a Private IT company…all these were not accepted.

As I prolonged my request, The Sub-Registrar gave me a hint to get a proof which is issued by Government of Karnataka, with its official symbol..etc. With this note, I left the office on my first visit. I explored many options to get the address proof. I didn’t have Voter Card, Ration Card on local address and understood that it’s not easy to get them quickly. Then my focus shifted to Aadhar Card, which was with Hyderabad address. While checking the details of change of Address, I observed that again address proof was required for it. This worried me but the options gave me a breakthrough.

The options were more flexible over here. ‘Vehicle Registration’ was mentioned there and this gave me some hope. I had sold my two-wheeler in Hyderabad and after shifting to Bangalore, bought a new two-wheeler and getting vehicle registration was pretty easy through the showroom dealer. With this, I applied for change of address in Aadhar Card but knew that it would take months to get it done. Now on recollecting the Sub-Registrar’s statement, I wanted to try my luck with Vehicle Registration and so re-visited the office and showed him the Vehicle Registration certificate and repeated his statement in my words that it is issued by Government of Karnataka :D Fortunately he agreed to accept it. This is how I could overcome this Address Proof problem. During my first visit itself, I had the Registration Certificate in my valet, but it didn’t click me that time and only after going through the Aadhar card modification, I discovered this option. It might work for many folks :)

More details:

– Application Form:
The form can be obtained from the Sub-Registrar. In my case, I was given a copy of the form by SR and told to take a copy of it and return his form. I followed the same. The following are the details mentioned in the form:

FORM NO. I
(See Rule 4)
Memorandum of Marriage
1. Date of Marriage
2. Place of Marriage (with sufficient particulars to locate the place)
(a) Full name of the Bridegroom
(b) Name of the Father
(c) Name of the Mother
(d) His age
(e) Usual Place of residence
(f) Address
(g) Status of the Bridegroom at the time of marriage (Unmarried/Widow/Divorced)
(h) Signature of the Bridegroom with date

(a) Full name of the Bride
(b) Name of the Father
(c) Name of the Mother
(d) Her age
(e) Usual Place of residence
(f) Address
(g) Status of the Bride at the time of marriage (Unmarried/Widow/Divorced)
(h) Signature of the Bride with date

(a) Full Name of Witness
[Specify the Blood relation if any with the Bride or Bridegroom]

I didn’t mention the relation and later Sub-Registrar asked me to fill it. When I told that they were all my friends. He told to mention the same. So I added ‘Friend’ over here.
(b) His/Her age
(c) Usual place of residence
(d) Address
(e) Signature of the witness, with date

(a) Full Name of Witness
(b) His/Her age
(d) Address

(a) Full Name of Witness
(b) His/Her age
(d) Address

The second page had more forms but they were all to be filled by the Office.

* Details of 3 witnesses, from local city, are required on the form. (Points 5,6,7 are for these)

I got the 3 witness details filled by three colleagues who were staying in Bangalore.

– Both Bride and Bride Groom should visit the Sub-Registrar office in person. Parents and witnesses are not at all required to be present. I had specifically checked if the witnesses mentioned in the Form should be present and was clarified that they are not required.

* Issue of the certificate:
– Once all the required documents were provided, signatures were taken where ever necessary. Then the application was pushed to the data entry team. We felt that the data entry guy was excellent in getting the accurate details. He had us with him all through the filling process. Once done, he asked us to check thoroughly to correct mistakes, if any. They take at most care to avoid typos/spelling mistakes. They were cautioning that its very difficult to get the changes done later, so requested us to be very careful while verifying the details. When we completed this process, he gave the final print outs and were again sent to the Sub-Registrar. We were asked to sign in various places. Finally we were given two original copies of the Marriage Certificate. It was very nice to get the certificate and more than a government document, it looked like a personal photo frame. It was in a well designed format and I believe every couple would cherish and preserve it.

– I was initially surprised to know that the Marriage Certificate would be issued immediately. We hardly had to wait for 30 mins and as we took our kid along with us, he indirectly added pressure on the staff to provide the certificate faster, with his chirpy antics :)

Summary:
On the whole, if you have most of the required documents and are struggling with one or two documents, you can find your way to resolve them and can get Marriage Certificate pretty easily. No need to rely on the agents/brokers. The process has been simplified a lot and the sub-registrars seem to be well-trained and experienced to deal with different scenarios.

It’s an important document, helped me a lot later Eg: while opening a joint savings bank account. So if you are yet to get it, don’t procrastinate and get it asap !
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• deepak
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #667 by deepak
Replied by deepak on topic register marriage in Bangalore
Useful article about register marriage procedure in bangalore

When your heart tells you you have met your soul mate and you are determined to get married against all odds, fill um style, fuming parents and caste notwithstanding, then just do it.
Make your way to the sub-registrar's office and solemnize your marriage under the Special Marriages Act which is open to people from any religion.
But keep an important point in mind - the groom should be 21 and the bride, 18. And be prepared to chew your nails for 30 days, the time given for anyone to raise objections.
Now from the emotional to the technical:
* The application form is available at the local sub-registrar's office. Or get the format from an advocate.
* Give a notice of the intended marriage to the marriage officer. (For purposes of registering the marriage, normally the sub registrar is designated as the marriage officer).
* The notice should be given at the sub-registrar office where either of the parties has been staying for a minimum of 30 days (for jurisdictional purposes).
* If either is not from this jurisdiction, a copy of the notice is sent to the concerned sub-registrar office.
* Give the notice in duplicate. Take a copy of the notice for acknowledgement purposes.
* The notice is put up at the sub-registrar's office for 30 days, open to objections.
* Subsequently, on the day mentioned in the notice, go to the sub-registrar's office with three witnesses. Sign in the register, and on the marriage certificate.
* You are married now. Whether or not for keeps is up to you.
* In case you do not get married within three months of notice, you will have to issue a fresh notice, says advocate Victor David, Legal Point, an NGO which offers legal advice.
Documents required:
* Age proof to show the groom and bride have completed 21 and 18 years respectively.
* Address proof - any government document like a ration card/ passport/ driving licence.
* An affidavit saying you are getting married of your own free will, and not under coercion or force.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 8 months ago #976 by
Replied by on topic register marriage in Bangalore
Here's I wish to explain some information about one of my friend’s special marriage with US national under the Special Marriage Act. They did not use any consultancy for the civil Marriage in Bangalore , Karnataka.

They chose to get married in Bangalore , Karnataka for two reasons - first, because the groom is from Jaya nagar and they were planning to live in Bangalore ,Jaya nagar for the proximate short term and processing their Indian visa (& later PIO card) would be easier with an Karnataka marriage certificate. And second, the certificate would be in English and more easily acceptable in their country also.

They planned to do their marriage in Bangalore and US as well. I advised that getting married legally in two countries was NOT a good idea & technically illegal - instead get married once and make that marriage certificate internationally acceptable by getting the necessary attestation.

For the Special marriage, I strongly suspect things differ from state to state and even district to district. Things like 30 days notice for Civil Marriages are the same but minute document requirements & processing times surely differ. In Bangalore itself the experience at the Sub registrar Jaya nagar are completely different.

So we chose to get married under the Special Marriage Act 1954 (Civil Marriage) because neither of us are religious and we have the luxury of time on our side. First you have to register the 'intent' to marry at the Marriage Office under whose jurisdiction you fall. From what I saw, this can even be done by parents or an agent (though the form does require signatures of the bride & groom) and basically involves submitting proofs of ID/age & residence proof. (Divorce decrees and Municipal Death Certificates for divorcees/widowers).
Our form said the following documents are acceptable in Karnataka:

*Age Proof - Birth Certificate, School Leaving Certificate, MARK SHEET, Passport
*Residence Proof - Ration Card, Election Card, Passport

All documents had to be notarized (the cheap rubber stamp notarizing, not the wax stamp one with revenue stamps..)

We used bride passport for proof of identity, age & address. groom used his passport (with valid Indian visa) for identity & age, but since her passport does not carry a residential address , we had also brought an extract from his municipality verifying his date of birth, parents, proof of address etc. Even though we had to fill his address on the 'Intended Marriage Form' they never cross checked it or looked at the document (which was in another language, so lucky us!). If you cannot get this you can get a letter from your Consulate. See below.

Another tricky part for foreigners or NRIs marrying in Karnataka is that one of the marriageable parties has to prove residency in the area for the previous consecutive 30 days. If someone does not provide their passport as an identify document we don't know how they would check this, though they did check my passport immigration stamps to see when we had returned from our trips abroad earlier that year. I know in places like Goa where there are lots of foreigners getting married this is uniformly enforced (though obviously there are ways to bribe your way around it with a false police certificate).

Another thing we planned meticulously for (because we read on the internet that it was a requirement) was a No Objection letter from bride Consulate. Basically it was a letter from her Consulate in Mumbai stating all his details (Name, Passport No, Age, Address) and saying that marital status was 'Unmarried' and that according to her country's law there is no impediment to him entering into matrimony with Indian national named ABC, born on etc.
It seems like a pretty important document because how else would you know if a foreigner was married elsewhere. BUT our wonderful Marriage Office didn't even glance at it. Be aware that some people on other forums have said that this was asked of them.

OK so once the intent to marry is submitted you get to pick a date to solemnize the marriage - it has to be at least 30 days after submission of intent, depending on their appointment availability & your choice. They are supposed to post the 'Intended Marriage Notices' up for those 30 days to give time for people to come forward with objections. I'm not sure if they really do!

On the day of solemnization, we had to come with 3 witnesses (each brought 3-4 stamp size passport photographs plus original ID photo proofs & copies). They made us fill declaration form with details of our witnesses & took their ID proof copies. During the 'marriage' the couple and all the witnesses will have to sign the main Marriage register & say their 'vows'. It's basically the most unromantic, bureaucratic procedure ever with lots of waiting involved. The Jaya nagar Marriage Office refused to let us face each other while exchanging vows and made me face her and recite them.

The original marriage certificate is part of their Register which stays with them. For your 'copy' of the Marriage Certificate they try and tell you to come back after one week, but we insisted and got it on the same day. We did not have to bribe anybody, but were very assertive. They charged another 5000/- without receipt.

• deepak
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 7 months ago #1012 by deepak
Replied by deepak on topic register marriage in Bangalore
Obtain marriage certificate in Bangalore
My next toughest field is obtaining marriage certificate in Marriage Registrar Office(SRO). We are native of Hosur and now we are living in Chennai Tambaram, near Christian Collage. Now my Husband is on his Australian visa process, he needed a marriage registration certificate. He enquired one of his friends who had already registered his marriage in Tamilnadu . My Husband went to some agent near SRO office saidapet as he was in emergency. They arranged everything and asked us to come with 3 witnesses to put a signature (especially parents). After that they told us that there should be a local address proof here at that time of marriage. We decided to register the same in Hosur and got our marriage certificate in our native finally. But It took us a month to get that marriage certificate. So I want to share with you the experience in marriage registrar offices in Tamilnadu, may be helpful for you too.
Some points to remember while marriage Registration :
1. Get your marriage certificate where any one of you having address proof at the time of your marriage.(Passport,Voter ID,Driving License,Ration card) or place of marriage. Are transfer your any one of address proof to your current location.
2.Furnish age column with the age at the time of your marriage. You can get the marriage registration form from marriage registrar
3.You need to produce proof of marriage like invitation, Hall receipt and photos taken during marriage with relatives.
4.Need 3 other persons with ID proof as witness.
5.Need education or birth certificate as age proof for both of you.(if not available: passport or pan card )
6. Go to the marriage registrar office at 10.30 am . Marriage registrar will be available on or after 10.30 A.M. So get him before he got engaged in some document registration. Avoid Muhurtham days. Because you can avoid crowd
7.Marriage registration form for marriages happened before 2009 is different that of current form. Enquire about this before getting form marriage registrar
After all, just register your marriage on the day of marriage itself or before 150 days from the date of marriage.It’s now compulsory to register your marriage in under Tamilnadu Registration of Marriages Act 2009.
After 150 days you can register under Hindu Marriage Act 1954 any time after marriage

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1319 by superuser
Foreigner marriage registration in Bangalore

Here is how to register Foreigner marriage in Bangalore

How to plan foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state :

If you plan to do marriage and registration in Bangalore , first you have to plan your convenient place to have ceremony and registration in Karnataka state. If place is confirmed book your flight ticket in advance and then start all the paper works like unmarried , NOC , Affidavit etc.
Also don’t forget to send all the documents to your Indian lawyer for scrutiny.
You can send all available documents through registermarriage@gmail.com mail and you can get confirmation on documentation.
Type of Visa for register marriage in Karnataka state:
There is no specific visa requirements for foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state. Any type of visa is valid for foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state.
You can get tourist visa for foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state. That is enough to get married in Karnataka state.

Documents required for foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state :
• Age proof for both Husband/Groom and Wife/Bride :(Any one of following Document)
o Birth Certificate (or)
o School / collage Transfer Certificate (or)
o School / collage mark sheet (or)
o Passport
• Address proof for both Husband/Groom and Wife/Bride :(Any one of following Document)
o Aadhar Card (or)
o Passport (or)
o Driving License (or)
o Voter ID
o Ration Card
o National IC /visa

Photos :

passport size photos 6 Nos for both

Who can be a witness for foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state :
There is no necessary to bring witnesses from foreign country only for the purpose of registration.
You can bring any available local witness and you can save the ticket amount.

Unmarried certificate for foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state :

There is no law to insist unmarried for foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state.
But the same time, to avoid unnecessary troubles in future , many registrars will ask for unmarried certificate to register foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state.
Also unmarried certificate can be obtained easily in all the foreign countries.

So you can enquire about unmarried certificate issuing authority in your country itself. If you not able to get unmarried, you can sworn an unmarried affidavit in your origin country
Where you can do foreign marriage registration smoothly in Karnataka state :
For many reasons, Bangalore is the comfortable place to do foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state. Not only for Karnataka state for entire India Bangalore is the convenient place for international marriages. Because one can get married easily on same day and there is a possibility to get marriage certificate also on same day.
So that many foreigner couples from Malaysia, Singapore, Srilanka, Indonesia and Philippines always prefer Bangalore for foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state.

Under which act foreigner marriage will be registered :
Foreigner marriage can be registered under any one of following act :
1. Karnataka state compulsory marriage Act (This act not in usage)
2. Hindu marriage Act
3. Special marriage Act
4. Christian marriage Act
You can register under any one of above said act. But the Karnataka state marriage act certificate only will carry couples photographs. So that many couples prefer this act for foreign marriage registration in Karnataka state.

Parents presence for register marriage in Bangalore :

Usually marriage registrar will ask both parents presence at the time of marriage. But the same time you can manage without the foreign national parents and you can manage with Indian bride/ groom parents presence.
Legally parents presence not required and there is possibility to do foreign marriage registration without both parents.

Foreign marriage Registration procedure in Bangalore :
Visit Bangalore on your convenient date (your preferred date for register marriage any day within Monday to Friday) and complete your smart and simple Aryasamaj/court/Hindu/Christian/ special ceremony within a hour. Visit sub registrar office on same day with required documents and witnesses and complete government marriage registration process on same day. Usually one or two days is enough to complete the entire registration process.
If you do not prefer small ceremony , you have to wait another 30 days to compete the marriage registration process in Bangalore.

When can get foreigner marriage certificate in Bangalore:
Usually you can get marriage certificate on same day except special marriage Act 1954 registration.
If any delay, Couples presence not compulsory to receive original marriage certificate. Foreign national bride or groom can leave India immediately after registration. Any authorized person can collect the original marriage certificate.
For special marriage Act, it will take 30 days to get marriage certificate.

Marriage certificate Authentication in Bangalore :

Indian authentication may vary country to country. Most of the countries will ask authentication for spouse visa process.
So after getting marriage certificate, you can get authentication also in Bangalore.
Candidate Presence not mandatory to get authentication. Only original marriage certificate and both passport copy is enough to get authentication.
For more details you can refer www.registermarriage.in for further info.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1320 by superuser
Arya samaj / court marriage in Bangalore

Complete guide on how do Arya samaj / court marriage in Bangalore

Why should and who should do Arya samaj / court marriage in Bangalore:
Arya samaj / court marriage is the legal way get married simply legally. Not only for love marriage, will it be useful for arranged marriage couples those who wish to get married simply. You can save money and time.
Many couples prefer to do simple Arya samaj / court marriage only in this corona lock down time. But simple Arya samaj / court marriage is always best economically as well as legally.
Those who don’t have family support and those who in need of marriage certificate for safety, visa, and other legal purpose and those who like simple marriage can do Arya samaj / court marriage.
Planning for doing Arya samaj / court marriage in Bangalore :

If you plan to do Arya samaj / court marriage in Bangalore , first you have to plan your convenient date for registration in Bangalore(Arya samaj / court marriage possible only Monday to Friday Morning 10 to 3.30 PM). If date is confirmed book your appointment in advance and then start to collect documents .
Epass in corona lockdown time :
Due to corona lock down, E pass is necessary to move from one district to district or state to state.
If you plan to do Arya samaj / court marriage when the lockdown in force, you can apply e pass in advance and keep it for smooth travel to Bangalore.

Documents required for Arya samaj / court marriage in Bangalore :
• Age proof for both Husband/Groom and Wife/Bride :(Any one of following Document)
o Birth Certificate (or)
o School / collage Transfer Certificate (or)
o School / collage mark sheet (or)
o Passport
• Address proof for both Husband/Groom and Wife/Bride :(Any one of following Document)
o Aadhar Card (or)
o Passport (or)
o Driving License (or)
o Voter ID
o Ration Card
Photos :

2B size joint photographs 6 Nos for both
• Additional Documents : ( If Applicable)

o Divorce order/ Death certificate _ (If bride or groom Divorcee/Widower )

Note : If both have passport , it is enough for both age and address proof. If available you can keep education or birth certificate for age proof.
If you don’t have original documents, you can submit true copy with notary attestation.

Who can be a witness for Arya samaj / court marriage in Bangalore :
There is no necessary to bring aged parents as witnesses for the purpose of registration.

As per registration rules, the person who completed 18 years and those who attended marriage can be a witness.
So You can bring available local friends who attended your marriage as witness.

NOC certificate for Arya samaj / court marriage in Bangalore :

There is no rules to insist NOC certificate for Arya samaj / court marriage in Bangalore.
But the same time, to avoid unnecessary troubles in future , registrars will ask for NOC certificate to register Arya samaj / court marriage in rural area. But NOC certificate is not required in Bangalore.

Best Location do Arya samaj / court marriage smoothly in Bangalore :
For various reasons, Bangalore Indhra Nagar is the comfortable place to do Arya samaj / court marriage in Bangalore. Not only for Karnataka for entire India Bangalore Indhra Nagar is the convenient place for love marriage registrations. Because love marriage couples can get married simply on same day and there is a possibility to register and get marriage certificate also on same.
So that many love marriage couples prefer Bangalore for Arya samaj / court marriage.

Under which act Love marriage will be registered:
Aryasamaj marriage can be registered under Hindu marriage Act 1955. You can register under any one of above said act. Hindu marriage act marriage certificate only will carry couples photographs and it will be look more authenticated. So that many couples prefer Hindu marriage Act act for Arya samaj / court marriage in Bangalore.
1. For all legal purpose including visa, passport Hindu marriage Act 1955 certificate will be very useful and authenticated .

Parents consent at sub registrar office:

Usually registrars will ask both parents consent at the time of Arya samaj / court marriage. But the same time you can manage without the parents and you can try to convince the registrar. Moreover no registrar asking parents in this lock down time. If there is a parents consent, you can ask them to speak over the phone.
Legally parents consent not required and there is possibility to do Arya samaj / court marriage without both parents.

Arya samaj / court marriage procedure in Bangalore :
Come to Bangalore Indhra Nagar on your convenient date (your preferred date) and complete your smart and simple ceremony by exchanging ring/garlands. Visit Indhra Nagar sub registrar office on same day with required documents and witnesses and complete registration process on same day. Usually one day is enough to complete the entire registration process.
If you not prefer to small ceremony, you have to wait another 30 days to compete the registration process. Better you can exchange the garlands and can complete the court marriage registration process on same day.
If you give 30 days’ notice, it will create unnecessary troubles in your family.
When can get government marriage certificate :
Usually you can get marriage certificate within within 2 hours except special marriage registration in Bangalore.
For special marriage, it will take 30 days to get marriage certificate .Couples and witnesses should present twice before registrar.
Marriage certificate Attestation for visa process:
If you have any plan to apply any visa in near future, you can get HRD attestation also in Bangalore
After getting marriage certificate, you can get HRD attestation for desired country.
Couples presence not mandatory to get attestation. Only original marriage certificate and both passport copy is enough to get HRD attestation.

How to face family problem after marriage registration:

Keep your marriage certificate in very safe custody. Once the registration is completed, you are safe and you can show it to police officials if they give any fake complaint against groom.
If you have any threat from any family, you can give complaint with district superintendent of Police and seek police protection.
Inter caste marriage benefits in Karnataka :
There are lot of benefits available for inter case married couples. There is a scheme up to five lakhs cash reward. It will vary cast to cast. For more info you can approach your area welfare officer in this regard.